Most dentists are recommending their patients to floss their teeth before or after brushing it frequently. They always say that flossing must be a part of our daily routine. Some people may find it hard to floss using a string, especially if they have their braces or dentures. Water flossing is the answer to that problem.
We have listed down below the best water flosser that you can find in Canada and a buying guide to help you decide on what water flosser to purchase.
- 1 Top 9 Best Water Flossers In Canada
- 1.1 1. H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser
- 1.2 2. MOSPRO Water Flosser Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator
- 1.3 3. Waterpik Sonic-Fusion Flossing Toothbrush
- 1.4 4. Zerhunt Cordless Water Flosser
- 1.5 5. Panasonic EW-DJ10-A Oral Irrigator
- 1.6 6. Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser, WF-02
- 1.7 7. Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser, WP-560
- 1.8 8. Waterpik WP-660
- 1.9 9. Waterpik Complete Care 9.0
- 2 Water Flosser Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Top 9 Best Water Flossers In Canada
1. H2ofloss Water Dental Flosser
If you are looking for a water flosser that does not produce many sounds, then this dental water flosser from H2ofloss is the one you are looking for. It is also known as the ‘Whisperer’ as it will only produce around 50db of sound while being used. This is an excellent choice if you want to use it and not disturb other people around you.
This also comes with a large water reservoir that can carry around 900ml of water. With this amount of water, you will be able to clean your teeth for more than 2 minutes at a maximum pressure rate. There are about six settings that you can choose from and a pressure range of from 5psi to 110psi.
The package comes with two tongue cleaners, two periodontal tips, two orthodontic tips, four jet tips, and two nasal irrigation tips.
- Pros: It is extremely quiet and can carry up to 900ml of water.
- Cons: With a large reservoir, it is way more prominent compared to other models.
2. MOSPRO Water Flosser Professional Cordless Dental Oral Irrigator
This water flosser from Mospro has a fantastic design since you will be able to check with just a glimpse the level of the water. Attached to it is a removable water tank that can cater up to 200ml of water. It is also waterproof, so you do not need to worry about water leaking in case the lock is not tightly closed. You can also easily clean and remove any foreign substance inside it since the cover is removable.
There are three modes that you can choose from, and normal, gentle, and pulse modes. The pressure of this water flosser is from 30psi all the way to 100psi. It comes with a USB charger, and a single charge can last you up to 10 days. Since this product is cordless, it is very convenient to bring it around with you, especially if you love to travel. It is lightweight and can be packed easily inside your luggage as it has its bag.
- Pros: It has a removable tank that makes it so much easier to clean.
- Cons: The water tank can be emptied after 10 to 20 seconds of usage.
3. Waterpik Sonic-Fusion Flossing Toothbrush
The first time you will lay eyes to this water flosser from Waterpik, you may comment that it just looks like an ordinary electric toothbrush. It may have a simple design, but it has a lot of functions and features that a toothbrush will not be able to offer.
When removed from its case, you will notice that it has a detachable hose on its bottom part, and this is where the water will flow from its water tank up until the tip of the brush head. You can choose to use it as a plain toothbrush, a water flosser, and you can also brush and floss at the same time. When using the water flossing mode, you need to connect the product to an electric power supply. You do not connect it to a power supply when used as a toothbrush since it has a battery built on its body.
- Pros: It is an excellent combination of toothbrush and water flosser that you can use at the same time.
- Cons: You need to connect it to a power supply when used as a water flosser.
4. Zerhunt Cordless Water Flosser
If you have braces on or any dental implants, using a string as a string of floss can be difficult as this may cause damage to your teeth. Using this water flosser form, Zerhunt will eliminate those kinds of problems as it will use water as a flosser.
The Zerhunt Cordless Water Flosser has a reservoir with a capacity of 300ml, and with this amount of water, you do not need to refill it as it is enough for a single flossing session. It also has an auto-timer and will automatically turn off after using it for two minutes. Using a water flosser for a more extended period can cause damage to your teeth and gums, so this feature is indeed beneficial.
There are three modes that you can choose from and will adjust to your comfortability. It has a normal, soft, and pulse mode, and soft mode is recommended for those who are using this product for the first time.
- Pros: A single charge of its battery can last up to 20 days.
- Cons: Some users are saying that they find its water capacity not enough.
5. Panasonic EW-DJ10-A Oral Irrigator
This product from Panasonic is considered one of the smallest water flosses available in the market right now as it can collapse to half of its original size. When you are going to use the water flosser, all you need to do is hold on to the reservoir, which is the lower part of the flosser. Pull the white part or the head part of the flosser up to marking lines, or pull it up until you hear a click.
The lower part has a seal cap that you need to open, as this is where the water is placed. You can choose between two options, the low and the high pressure. You need to place two AA Batteries on it for it to function.
- Pros: Small and easy to bring around when traveling.
- Cons: The reservoir has a very small opening that it is difficult to pour water on it.
6. Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser, WF-02
The WF-02 model is a cordless water flosser produced by Waterpik. It is so easy to use that you may not need to open its manual any more. It has a five-ounce water tank that you can fill quickly and last for up to 30 seconds of flossing. Like any other cordless water flosser, it also has only two functions or modes: a low and high pressure. Its pressure ranges from 45 to 75 psi.
It uses three AA batteries, and its power could last up to one month of using the water flosser. Since it is a battery-operated water flosser, bringing bulky chargers when traveling will not be a problem anymore. Its body is also waterproof, so you do not need to panic if it comes to close contact with water.
- Pros: It is effortless to operate, and you do not need to have an electric supply around you all the time as it is battery operated.
- Cons: It has a very small reservoir.
7. Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser, WP-560
The WP-560 water flosser model from Waterpik is designed to be a travel companion. It has a sleek design as it is one of the latest models that they produced, but it has a beautiful design and magnificent features. The seven ounces water tank is detachable, which makes it easier to clean.
The water level inside it can floss your teeth for around 45 seconds with pressure set on its highest level. One great feature about this model is that it comes with a travel pouch and storage for the replacement tips. When the unit is not being used, you can replace the flosser head with a water plug so that the water will not spill, especially if it is placed inside your bag.
- Pros: It comes with LED indicators, and its whole body is waterproof.
- Cons: It is quite expensive compared to other brands with the same features.
8. Waterpik WP-660
This model from Waterpik has one of the most advanced settings since you can choose from 10 different settings. It also comes with seven tips and a reservoir that can fill up water that can floss your teeth for about a minute and a half. Its pressure setting ranges from 10 up to 100 psi, which is essential for those areas in your mouth that are considered hard to reach.
It can deeply clean all parts of your mouth, teeth, and gums since it has a 360-degree rotating tip. You can also choose to use the plaque seeker tip, orthodontic tip, or the classic tip. This water flosser is guaranteed to clean and work on your gums when you use a string as floss. Another good thing about this water flosser is that it also comes with a timer not to use the water flosser for a more extended period.
- Pros: This water flosser can remove up to 99.9% of plaque and other foreign objects from your gums and teeth.
- Cons: Produce too much noise when being used.
9. Waterpik Complete Care 9.0
The Waterpik Complete Care 9.0 has a water reservoir filled with up to 650ml of water used for around 90-seconds of straight water flossing. One unique thing about buying this product is that you will not only get a water flosser, but you will also have an electric toothbrush.
So this is a good purchase as you will get a water flosser and electric toothbrush at the price of one. It would be best to note that this product is not suitable for travel as it is bulky compared to another water flosser designed for traveling users.
- Pros: It comes with an electric toothbrush, so you do not need to purchase one separately.
- Cons: It does not have a timer. The ideal time of flossing with this water flosser is only about one or two minutes, so you need to take note of your own time so you will not floss for more than 2 minutes.
Water Flosser Buyer’s Guide
Water flosser can be a great addition to your daily routine as it is beneficial for your oral health. Listed down below are the different factors that you need to consider when purchasing a water flosser.
1. The Type of Water Flosser
There are several types of water flosser that you can choose from. We have the countertop, which has a wide range of features and comes with different tips and pressure settings. The cordless water flossers are the type of flossers you can carry around with you as it is not bulky, and most of them are battery operated. The shower flosser is attached to your shower system so that you can use it anytime you shower. The faucet flossers are also attached to the faucet, and this does not need refilling as it is directly connected to the water source.
Some water flossers produced a lot of sounds when being used. Usually, the countertop water flossers make much more sound compared to the cordless ones. So if you want to purchase a product that does not produce too much noise, then go for those small cordless type flossers. The only sound that it will produce is the sound of the water streaming out from its tip.
If you do not have ample space in your bathroom, then purchase those smaller types of water flosser. Consider also the size if you are always traveling from one place to another and you want to carry your water flosser any time you travel.
Take into consideration also the users of the water flosser. If you are the only one who will use it, then purchase those products that only offer one or two tips. A more prominent family can buy those water flossers that come with multiple tips that come in different colors.
Purchasing a water flosser of good quality is a good investment for your oral health. Flossing your teeth and gums regularly can help maintain it so that it would always be healthy and strong. We hope that the list of best water flossers and the buying guide will help you purchase your first water flosser.