If you love to eat rice but cannot achieve the perfect rice whenever you cook it, then now is the time to purchase a rice cooker. There are a lot of types of rice cookers that are available in the market right now. There are rice cookers that are solely for cooking rice, and there are some items that can do more than that.
Here are the top rice cookers that you can find here in Canada and a guide that you can follow so that you can buy the best rice cooker.
- 1 The 10 Best Rice Cooker In Canada
- 1.1 1. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Rice Cooker
- 1.2 2. Aroma ARC-914SBD Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
- 1.3 3. Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Rice Cooker
- 1.4 4. Aroma ARC-150SB Digital Rice Cooker
- 1.5 5. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
- 1.6 6. Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Rice Cooker
- 1.7 7. Sistema Microwave Collection Rice Cooker
- 1.8 8. Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Cooker
- 1.9 9. Zojirushi NHS-06 Rice Cooker
- 1.10 10. Tiger JBV-A10U Rice Cooker
- 2 How to Choose the Best Rice Cooker
The 10 Best Rice Cooker In Canada
1. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Rice Cooker
This rice cooker from Instant Pot is not basic as it has six other more functions that it can do. It can also be an electric pressure cooker, sauté pan, and you can use it to produce your own yogurt. It can also function as a slow cooker and a warmer for your food.
The pot inside is more upright compared to those traditional rice cookers. It also has 14 different programs that you can choose from, and with this, you will be able to achieve the kind of food you want to make.
This rice cooker is easy to use and can work silently. You will not need to worry about the sound that it will make as it does not produce a lot of noise. Just set the program you want it to do, leave it, and then come back when the rice is now ready.
- Pros: It has a large capacity and can make cooking in big batches a breeze.
- Cons: It may take up ample space in your kitchen.
2. Aroma ARC-914SBD Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Aroma Warehouse produced a rice cooker with an instinctual design and is vast enough to cater to around four cups of uncooked rice. One good thing about this product is that it has a delay timer to adjust for up to 15 hours. It also comes with different programmable settings, so you have control over what to do depending on the type of rice you use.
You will get an extra steam tray, which is a BPA free plastic, a measuring cup, and a spatula. The inner parts of the rice cooker are removable, so that makes it easier to clean. It has a weight of around 4.2-lbs so you will be able to carry it from one place to another.
- Pros: You can use it to cook different types of rice and even oatmeal. It has the right size to carry enough uncooked rice and a steamer to place several foods.
- Cons: Some users are saying that the steamer tends to overflow.
3. Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Rice Cooker
This rice cooker from Instant Pot comes with 12 different smart built-in programs. You can use it not just to cook your rice, but you can also make some soup, cake, sauté, some ingredients, pressure cook meat that is still not soft enough to eat. You can do all of these by just pressing a button.
It has a removable inner pot and has a lining that is made from stainless steel. It has enough space as it can be filled up to a maximum volume of six quarts. The outer part of the rice cooker is made up of steel, too. By this, you will not need to worry about leaving your fingerprints all over it.
Another good thing about this product is that it has a LED cooking time display, so it will be easy for you to monitor it even if you are away from it.
- Pros: The stainless steel pot can create a deep flavor to the meat by searing it perfectly.
- Cons: Some programs need to experiment with the exact cooking time as it is not stated in its recipe.
4. Aroma ARC-150SB Digital Rice Cooker
The Aroma ARC-150SB has one of the biggest capacities as it can cater up to 20 cups of rice, but the downside is that it can cook a small portion of rice as its minimum is only four cups. This rice cooker is designed explicitly for those who are going to serve several people.
The outer part of the rice cooker is made up of aluminum and has a thick nonstick coating. This kind of layer will make it so much easier to clean. Another good thing about this rice cooker is that it is dishwasher safe, but it is still recommendable to clean it with your hands.
A steam tray is provided for you so that you can use it in steaming your egg rolls, veggies, and any other food that needs to be steamed.
- Pros: It has a cheaper price tag compared to other rice cookers with the same cooking capacity.
- Cons: You cannot remove the lid when you are going to clean it.
5. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer
If you are looking for a rice cooker that will adjust its cooking process to your preference, then the Zojirushi NS-TSC19 rice cooker is the one for you. It uses a micro computerized logic technology that will let your rice cooker learn your cooking method. It will then adapt and adjust to your preferred temperature and time to have perfect rice every time you cook one.
It is a small rice cooker but can do a lot of functions. The rice cooker comes with nine different programs that you can adjust. You can program it to make some porridge, cook some sushi rice, or even make a cake.
This rice cooker can keep your rice warm for a more extended period since it has an Automatic Keep Warm, Reheat, and Extended Keep Warm Setting. There is also a delay timer to set and leave it whenever you are doing something else.
- Pros: It has different warmer settings.
- Cons: It comes with a higher price tag for its size.
6. Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Rice Cooker
The Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Rice Cooker comes with a large LCD screen that can be so easy to read. This is ideal for those who have difficulty seeing small numbers and words and those who are elderly. It also has a delay timer so that you do not need to turn it on manually when you want to start cooking your rice. You can just put the rice at night and set the timer at around five in the morning to have hot rice when you wake up.
It will also keep your rice warm all the time since it has a reheating cycle function. You need to add a small amount of water when you want to reheat your rice, depending on the amount of rice left. One bowl of rice needs around one tablespoon of water.
- Pros: This rice cooker can cook perfect rice without burning and drying the rice.
- Cons: It does not come with a steam tray, so you cannot do steaming with this rice cooker.
7. Sistema Microwave Collection Rice Cooker
If you want to buy a rice cooker but you are on a tight budget, then the Sistema Microwavable Collection Rice Cooker is the one you need to buy. You can buy this rice cooker by not spending more than $25. It is designed with a vent that can release the steam on its lid and is made up of BPA-free plastic. The tabs around it can also be lifted easily since it remains cool.
It is easy to use as all you need to do is rinse your rice first and then place it inside the cooker. Add water into it, then cover it with the pressure chamber plate, then close the lid. Place it inside the microwave, then set the timer for around 15-minutes. Check the rice after 15 minutes if it is adequately cooked; if not, add a couple of minutes to achieve the perfect rice.
After cooking it inside the microwave, rest it on the side for around five minutes before serving it.
- Pros: Easy to use and can cook rice quickly.
- Cons: It does not have a handle, so taking it out from the microwave can be difficult.
8. Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Cooker
This stainless steel cooker can cook for about five to ten times faster compared to some ordinary cookers. With its extraordinary skills, you will save a lot of time, money, and energy when using this item. The stainless steel on its body is sturdy enough and will give you a safe cooking experience.
You do not need to worry about cleaning this product since it is safe for dishwasher use. The pressure valves also are easy to clean and are removable. This also comes with a cooking rack that can also be removed when being cleaned.
If you are still new to using a pressure cooker that can also do other cooking methods, do not worry too much as this will come with instructions and a recipe book with 64 pages.
- Pros: The stainless steel body can heat up quickly and evenly.
- Cons: Produce noise when used.
9. Zojirushi NHS-06 Rice Cooker
This rice cooker from Zojirushi is smaller compared to the other rice cooker that it produced before. It can cook up to three cups of rice per batch, and the good thing about this rice cooker is you can even cook as small as only a cup of rice. This is ideal for those who are living alone or with a small family.
This rice cooker’s inner pot is composed of ceramic material that is durable enough to last for a more extended period. It also has a nonstick coating so that the rice will not stick on its surface. Moving the rice from the cooker to your plate will be done smoothly.
The extra steaming stray is also made of stainless steel, and that can be used when steaming food like egg rolls or even your fresh vegetables. Steaming your food will give you a firmer texture compared to boiling them.
- Pros: The handles and the lid will stay cool and will not heat up.
- Cons: It does not come with any cooking programs.
10. Tiger JBV-A10U Rice Cooker
The Tiger JBV-A10U Rice Cooker comes with four different cooking functions and two additional buttons to keep your rice warm, and an off button. The first cooking function is for your plain rice. You push this button to cook plain white rice and wait to finish the whole cooking process.
The second button is for Syncro-cooking. This function will let you cook your rice and steam your food at the same time. You just need to note that there is a maximum level for the cups of rice you are going to cook when using this function.
The third button is for your brown rice. Cooking brown rice may take a longer time compared to cooking white rice. The last button is for when you are going to slow cook your food or steam it. This is ideal for traditional food like steam buns.
- Pros: The inner pot is made up of stainless steel, so the rice will not stick to its surroundings.
- Cons: You cannot remove the lid, making it hard to clean.
How to Choose the Best Rice Cooker
Still confused about what type of rice cooker you are going to purchase? Listed down below are the different factors or features that you need to consider when buying one.
You must consider the number of people who are going to eat rice whenever you cook rice for your meal. Some rice cookers have a maximum capacity of four cups of rice, and there some that have a maximum capacity of up to forty cups.
It is ideal for home use to buy those models that can cook up to ten cups of uncooked rice. For those who plan to use it for commercial purposes, you can opt to buy those rice cookers that can accommodate more than 35 to 40 cups of rice.
2. Steaming Trays
Some rice cookers come with steaming trays. These are ideal for those who love to eat steamed vegetables or spring rolls.
You must check the accessories of the rice cooker before purchasing one. Some rice cookers come with a measuring cup for your rice, a spatula for serving the rice, and a steamer basket for steaming.
There are microwavable rice cookers that use BPA-free plastic that will let you cook rice and oatmeal by placing it inside the microwave for a couple of minutes. This is an excellent option for those who do not have a lot of space in their kitchen.
Standard rice cookers are mostly popular in Asian countries where the majority of its people eat rice. This kind of rice cooker typically has a lot more functions than the microwavable ones. Some rice cookers can do up to seven more functions, from making yogurt to pressure cooking and slow cooking your meal.