Owning a food processor is like having a personal sous chef with you. It will do all the tiring activities when you are going to prepare your meal. It can chop and even dice your ingredients for you. Finding the right food processor for you can be difficult as there are a lot of different types of it that are available in the market right now.
We have listed down below the best food processors that are found in Canada. We also included a buying guide for you to know the things that you need to consider when purchasing a food processor.
- 1 Top 9 Best Food Processors In Canada
- 1.1 1. Ninja Mega Kitchen System Food Processor, BL770
- 1.2 2. Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY Food Processor
- 1.3 3. Hamilton Beach 70740 Food Processor
- 1.4 4. Cuisinart FP-13 DGM Elemental Food Processor & Dicing Kit
- 1.5 5. KitchenAid Mini Food Processor, KFC3516WH
- 1.6 6. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
- 1.7 7. Zyliss Easy Pull Manual Food Processor and Food Chopper
- 1.8 8. Braun FP3020 Food Processor
- 1.9 9. Breville Sous Chef Food Processor, BREBFP800XL
- 2 Food Processor Buying Guide
Top 9 Best Food Processors In Canada
1. Ninja Mega Kitchen System Food Processor, BL770
Ninja Mega Kitchen’s food processor comes with a removable blade that is sharp enough yet so easy to clean. It also has an additional blade that you can use for its personal jars. The lid of this food processor must be aligned to the arrows indicated on the jar for it to lock properly.
Compared to other food processors, it is tall and bulky, so you cannot keep it inside your cabinets. It is ideal for placing it on your countertops where there is a lot of free space.
It does not come with a fine-tuning speed dial compared to the other brands, but it still has different preset speeds that you can choose from. The lowest speed is ideal for making dough, and the highest speed is excellent for crushing ice.
- Pros: Easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe.
- Cons: It cannot heat up food.
2. Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY Food Processor
Cuisinart is known for producing high-quality food processors. This model from them has a lot of great features, like having a main jar that can be filled with up to 14 cups of food ingredients. The work bowl has a stainless-steel blade that can accommodate different types of food.
This is great for those who will prepare large-size meals for a big family or for when you are entertaining some guests. Its motor is also heavy-duty since it is a 720-watt motor that can work for preparing large portions of ingredients.
It also comes with a slicing disc that can slice some nuts and even grate large chocolate chunks.
- Pros: It can slice cooked and semi-frozen meat. It can also cut even whole vegetables.
- Cons: It is big and is kind of heavy to carry from one place to another.
3. Hamilton Beach 70740 Food Processor
Hamilton Beach produced a food processor that is small, yet can do a lot of work. It comes with a strong motor that will let the processor work at a faster rate. This will help you in finishing your meals quickly.
It is excellent for mixing and blending liquids as it will not leak, unlike other food processors. It can also create a cookie dough by combining some softened butter and an egg and then adding some dry ingredients into it. You will then have cookie dough in less than a minute.
If you do not like a kitchen appliance that needs a lot of effort when being cleaned, this one is great.
- Pros: It has a price tag that is lower compared to the other brands.
- Cons: This food processor does not come with buttons, but you need to adjust its speed by adjusting its knob.
4. Cuisinart FP-13 DGM Elemental Food Processor & Dicing Kit
The Cuisinart FP-13DGM Elemental Food Processor has a base that is so light and can be lifted using one hand. Despite it having a very light stand, it can still give you the best results without moving around your countertop when used.
Another great thing about this product is that it has a lid that locks smoothly onto its base. All you need to do is to align the handle on its front-right then twist it to the other side.
It also comes with a bowl that offers a generous space for your food ingredients. This is really great for processing big batches of food. The slicing disc is also movable and is sharp enough to cut your skin, so you must be very careful whenever you move it.
- Pros: It can mince vegetables without them turning mushy, and it will give you an evenly minced result.
- Cons: There is a possibility that the blade will be stained depending on the type of vegetables that you are processing inside it.
5. KitchenAid Mini Food Processor, KFC3516WH
This food processor has a 3.5-cup bowl that is so compact yet so easy to store on your counter and shelf. This processor’s body has an attractive design and will give you a nostalgic feel since it will remind you of those old-fashion blenders.
Inside the chopper is an s-shaped stainless steel blade designed explicitly to precisely chop your ingredients and produce some purees. It comes with a 240-watt motor that operates the whole processor quickly and, at the same time, does not produce a lot of noise.
One great feature of this product is that its lid has a drizzle basin. You will then be able to add liquid ingredients inside even if the processor is still running. With the help of the cover, the liquid will slowly drip inside.
- Pros: It can chop your vegetables quickly.
- Cons: There is a tendency that the chopped vegetable will not have a consistent size.
6. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
If you are looking for a small-sized food processor, then this product from Cuisinart is the one you are looking for. It may be a small one, but it still gives off the best performance, just like what other food processors can do.
It is designed perfectly for your fingers not to touch your food. It is possible with the help of the tall stem that is attached to its blade. It will also prevent your fingers from being cut by the blade.
This food processor is ideal for those who are living alone and does not have a lot of space in their kitchen. It is also an excellent buy for those who already have a big food processor but still want to add a small one so that they can prepare it in batches.
- Pros: It is a small-sized food processor, so it will not take up a lot of space from your kitchen.
- Cons: You need to prepare and cut your ingredients into chunks before processing them.
7. Zyliss Easy Pull Manual Food Processor and Food Chopper
It is a manually operated food processor, so you will be able to use it whenever you want to use this product. You can create different types of meals and food ingredients by just pulling them manually. Just place your hand firmly on the bowl, then pull the cord away from its body.
If you want to make a pesto, all you need to do is to add all its ingredients simply. Put on some basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic cloves, and your pine nuts, then manually pull it for eight times. To make a spicy salsa, all you need to do is pull it five times after adding all the required ingredients.
It is also so easy to clean as the blades and the bowl is dishwasher safe. The lid must only be wiped using a damp cloth.
- Pros: It is so easy to use.
- Cons: It is not that efficient when it comes to blending your food ingredients.
8. Braun FP3020 Food Processor
The Braun FP3020 Food Processor may have an aesthetically and intimidating look, but it is one of the most user-friendly food processors that you will find in the market right now. It was perfectly designed to help you prepare your meals.
There are a lot of tasks that you can do with this product. It is also powerful enough as a 600-watt-motor powers it. So this food processor can mix, chop, dice, slice, shred, and make purees. You can even knead your dough with this processor.
It is also safe to use as the processing bowl will lock tightly on its base. With this, you will not need to worry about your puree or other liquid ingredients spilling out from the processor.
- Pros: It works quietly as it does not produce a lot of sounds when being used.
- Cons: Some users say that this food processor has a shorter lifespan than the other food processors from other brands.
9. Breville Sous Chef Food Processor, BREBFP800XL
This item from Breville comes with an LCD where you can see how much time remains. The timer is already automated, and you do not need to adjust it manually. This timer will help you achieve the best result for the food that you are processing inside it.
The manufacturers of these food processors kept in mind the safety of their users while producing this product. It comes with a feed chute safety system, and it will hinder the product from running whenever the bowl or lid is not correctly placed in its designated position.
You also do not need to worry about leakage as it comes with a silicone seal that will stop the liquid from spilling over. The plastic parts of the processor also are all BPA-Free.
- Pros: It can process food in large portions.
- Cons: Some users commented that it is not that durable as it can break easily.
Food Processor Buying Guide
Knowing the key functions of a food processor will help you in choosing the best one for you. You must be able to understand the essential specifications of the food processor that you are going to purchase so that you will not have a hard time and regret your decision after purchasing one.
Listed below are the different factors that you need to take note of when you will buy a food processor.
You must be able to know the volume of food that you want to process per batch. If you decide that you will only process a small number of ingredients, then you should purchase a small sized processor. A smaller processor can be kept on your shelf and will not take a lot of space from your countertop.
If you are the type of person who is obliged to make a numerous amount of dough, then a giant-sized food processor is the right one for you.
Choosing a powerful food processor will give you a significant advantage, especially if you are going to do challenging jobs. Usually, those processors with powerful motors can knead stiff doughs, chop raw vegetables, and shred some hard cheese.
If you chose a small powered motor, you would perform a lot of tasks with it, and then there is a possibility that your food processor will overheat.
If you are on a tight budget, choose cheaper and small food processors that can perform simple yet essential tasks. Some cheaper food processors that offer a large base usually are not that durable.
Luxury brand models can be expensive, but it is guaranteed to give off the kind of performance with your money’s worth.
You must also consider the cooking tasks that you are going to perform with the help of your food processor. If you want your ingredients to be finely chopped or dice, then a food processor with a sharp blade is the one for you.
There are also some food processors that come with functions that are not present in other food processors. There are some that have a feature that will turn your vegetable into a spiral shape.
Food processors are also an excellent choice for those who want to create pasta sauce from tomatoes. You can also make some mayonnaise and vinaigrettes for your salad using this machine.