Hot water is an essential part of our daily lives. We need a product that can heat and boil water in a faster and convenient way. An electric kettle is the best item to have if we want to have boiling water in an instant.
All you need to do is fill in water to the kettle and turn it on, and after a few minutes, you will now have hot water that you can use for your coffee or tea. Listed down below are the best electric kettle that you can find here in Canada.
We also provided a buying guide for you to know the things that you need to consider when purchasing one.
- 1 Top 10 Best Electric Kettles In Canada
- 1.1 1. AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle
- 1.2 2. Mueller Premium Electric Kettle with Speedboil Tech
- 1.3 3. Ovente KG83B Cordless Electric Kettle
- 1.4 4. Miroco MI-EK003 Electric Kettle
- 1.5 5. Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
- 1.6 6. Hamilton Beach 40865C Glass Kettle
- 1.7 7. Cosori Electric Gooseneck Kettle
- 1.8 8. Breville BREBTM800XL Tea Maker
- 1.9 9. ZOJI Zojirushi DCC40XT America Corporation VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer
- 1.10 10. Fellow Stagg EKG Kettle
- 2 How to Pick the Best Electric Kettle
Top 10 Best Electric Kettles In Canada
1. AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Portable Electric Hot Water Kettle
This electric kettle from AmazonBasics has a cordless design that makes it so convenient when you fill it up with water. It is also more comfortable for you to serve hot water from one cup to the other without the cord. It comes with a power base that has a power cord that is flexible enough to be placed in different positions.
The kettle can heat up and boil water for around four to five minutes. It is really ideal for those users who are always on the go. This also comes with a removable filter so that it will be easier to clean.
It would be best if you use it with extra caution since its body has a tendency to heat up. You must place it in a secured place, especially if you have kids living with you.
- Pros: This electric kettle comes with a lower price tag compared to other electric kettles from other brands.
- Cons: It is not that durable.
2. Mueller Premium Electric Kettle with Speedboil Tech
The Mueller Premium Electric Kettle automatically shuts off whenever it is done boiling the water. It will let not only conserve electricity, but it will also allow you to save time and effort since you will not always be checking the kettle from time to time.
You only need to press one button to start heating the water, and then you can just leave it after. You will not need to worry about it overheating the water that can lead to the kettle being dried up. It will also not turn on if there is no water inside the kettle.
It also comes with a bright LED light that will indicate if the kettle is still heating up the water. It will again boil the water at a faster rate.
- Pros: This comes with a bright LED light that will let you know if the kettle is still heating up the water inside it.
- Cons: There is a tendency that it will release a plastic smell while used.
3. Ovente KG83B Cordless Electric Kettle
If you are the type of person who wants to have a stylish electric kettle, then this product from Ovente is the one you are looking for. It is a cordless electric kettle that has a contemporary design and comes in different colors. You can choose the color that you want for your kitchen.
The cordless electric kettle has a shutoff feature that automatically turns off the kettle when the water reaches its boiling point. It is also safe since it comes with boil-dry protection so that it will turn off if it has no water inside it.
Its body is super durable and is resistant to stains. It comes with a glass body that is so much easier to clean and does not break easily.
- Pros: It is eco-friendly.
- Cons: Some users commented that the lid would not stay close and let the steam escape, making it slower to boil the water inside it ultimately.
4. Miroco MI-EK003 Electric Kettle
The Miroco MI-EK003 Electric Kettle has an easy access spout. It is a wide spout that is so convenient when filling in the kettle with water. It also helps in keeping this electric kettle hygienically clean and away from a foreign substance.
This electric kettle is safe to use as it features a British Strix thermostat technology. It is considered as the best and safest temperature control available in the market right now. It also has an auto-shutoff feature so that you can conserve electricity.
It comes with 100% stainless steel interiors. The inner lid, spout, rim, and double walls are all made from stainless steel. All the plastic parts of this kettle are 100% BPA-free. It does not touch the water inside the kettle, making it much safer for the whole family.
- Pros: It can heat and boil water at a much faster rate.
- Cons: It produces a noise when working.
5. Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
Cuisinart produces an electric kettle that comes with six different heat settings. You now have control of the temperature of the water inside it. You can now achieve the perfect temperature for your teas, coffee, and other hot beverages that you want to consume.
You can choose from different temperature control from Oolong, Herbal, Black, French Press, Green, White, and Delicate. It also has a keep-warm function that will maintain the temperature of the water inside at your preferred temperature.
This comes with a power supply cord that is shorter compared to other electric kettles, to avoid accidents like tripping over long cords and also not to get entangled easily.
- Pros: It does not produce a lot of noise compared to the other electric kettles.
- Cons: There are some plastic materials around its body, but it does not produce any smell.
6. Hamilton Beach 40865C Glass Kettle
The Hamilton Beach 40865C Glass Kettle has a body that is made up of glass. You will see what is happening inside the kettle without opening its lid. It is excellent for making your hot beverages and even your soups and cereals.
It has an automatic shutoff feature and boil-dry protection, making it a very safe electric kettle. The kettle will turn off around 30 to 90 seconds after the water inside reaches its boiling point. It is also cordless, so it will be easier for you to serve it without bringing the cord with you.
You must take note that you must fill in the kettle with water only up to its indicated minimum water level. If not reached, the steam switch will not function.
- Pros: It has a glass body.
- Cons: It is not that durable and is easy to break.
7. Cosori Electric Gooseneck Kettle
The Cosori Electric Gooseneck Kettle comes with five different, yet precise temperature presets. This will help you in brewing your beverages at their best temperature. You can fill up this electric kettle with up to 800ml of water.
It also has a stylish design that will add elegance to your kitchen. Its interior is made up entirely of stainless steel, and its exteriors are covered with matt black paint.
This kettle can maintain the desired temperature inside it for up to one hour. It can also be used as a serving kettle as it can be fully detached from its base design. Its long spout can help you control the amount of liquid that you are going to pour into your cup and rest assured that the liquid will not spill.
- Pros: This electric kettle uses Strix thermostat technology that is used to determine when it is going to auto-shutoff.
- Cons: It does not come with a cheaper price tag.
8. Breville BREBTM800XL Tea Maker
Breville Tea Maker has two main parts, the power base platform and its jug. The jug is the electric kettle carafe that is placed on top of the platform. The platform base will give electricity to the jug so that it can brew the tea inside it.
It has a small LCD screen on its base that will display specific information like the temperature of the water and the brewing time. This tea maker has a height of around 10-inches, a width of approximately 6-inches, and a depth of 8-inches and can be filled by about 1.2 liters of water.
- Pros: It will automatically brew and steep away your tea.
- Cons: It is more expensive compared to other electric tea kettles.
9. ZOJI Zojirushi DCC40XT America Corporation VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer
If you want to have an electric water boiler that can serve more than four cups, this hybrid water boiler and warmer from Zojirushi is ideal for you. It has a big container that can carry up to four liters of water.
It comes with a one-touch operation and an LED screen that is so easy to read. The LED will display the real-time temperature of the water inside it. Another unique feature of this hybrid water boiler and warmer is that you can boil your water at your preferred temperature.
It is also easy to clean since it has a nonstick interior and a body that is made up of stainless steel.
- Pros: It is big enough that it can accommodate up to four liters of water.
- Cons: Some users stated that the plastic inside its lid would crumble after several uses.
10. Fellow Stagg EKG Kettle
This electric kettle will let the water inside it reach your desired temperature without the water being over boiled. This is not an ordinary kettle as it is perfectly designed so that you will have full control of everything that it performs.
It has a long spout that will always guarantee you that the water will continuously drip precisely without any spill and will not make any splash. It will also let you pour it slowly so it can fill up correctly, even those small cups.
You must note that the handle of the kettle is connected to the body with a small stainless steel bridge, and it gets hot when the water inside it reaches its boiling point. Be careful and do not touch the stainless steel bridge after heating the kettle.
- Pros: It has an elegant design that can also act as a décor in your kitchen.
- Pros: It has a high price tag.
How to Pick the Best Electric Kettle
You now have new ideas about electric kettles and the things that it can do. We have listed down below other things that you need to consider when purchasing an electric kettle.
Most electric kettles come in different sizes, so you must consider how many cups of water you are going to need. There are some electric kettles that can only accommodate up to four cups of water. Some can serve around 16 cups of hot water.
It would be best if you also took note of the size of your countertop. There are some electric kettles that can take up a lot of space, and there are some that can be kept inside a cabinet every after use.
Most kettles offer filters that will prevent small particles from going into your cup. There are some kettles that have removable filters that are so much easier to clean than those filters that are permanently attached to the kettle.
There are electric kettles that are made from metal, and some are from glass or plastic. There are even some kettles that are made up from combining these three materials.
High-quality electric kettles are usually made up of stainless steel and glass. Its downside is that there is a possibility that the metal or steel will also heat up, making it harder to touch or lift from its base.
Those kettles that are made up of plastic will not get as hot compared to the metals making it easier to pick up. It is also lighter in weight, making it ideal for those who love to travel.
Electric kettles create noise in the kitchen but not as loud as other appliances. It will make a small noise when boiling water, and some also produce a beeping sound to alert you that it is done boiling your water.
If you do not want any noise in your kitchen or sensitive to specific beeps, then some electric kettles produce almost no sound.
5. Temperature Options
There are some consumers that are particular about the temperature of their beverage. If you are that type of consumer, then you must purchase those electric kettles where you can configure the temperature.
Some electric kettles come with different presets that you can choose from. It is ideal for those tea connoisseurs who are very particular in brewing their teas at a specific temperature.
If you want to pick up your kettle from its base and pour water directly into your cup, then you must purchase a cordless kettle. Another good thing about cordless kettles is that it will not create accidents.
Long cords can trip someone over and may cause severe damages.