A lot of people rely heavily on their blenders. They can help you in preparing your cocktails, pureeing different ingredients, and blending your favorite smoothie. Owning the right blender can give you an enjoyable blending experience, so you must have the right idea of what type of blender you will purchase.
Listed below are the best blenders found here in Canada and a buying guide to let you know the factors you need to consider when buying your blender.
- 1 Top 10 Best Blenders In Canada
- 1.1 1. Ninja Professional Countertop Blender BL660
- 1.2 2. Ninja Professional Blender BL610
- 1.3 3. Nutri Bullet NBR-12 12-Piece Blender
- 1.4 4. Ninja Mega Kitchen System, BL770
- 1.5 5. Ninja Nutri Pro Compact Personal Blender
- 1.6 6. OXA Smart Powerful 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender Set
- 1.7 7. NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender Combo
- 1.8 8. Vitamix 001372 Blender Professional
- 1.9 9. Oster My Blend Blender, BLSTPB-WPK
- 1.10 10. PopBabies Portable Blender
- 2 How to Choose a Blender
Top 10 Best Blenders In Canada
1. Ninja Professional Countertop Blender BL660
This blender from Ninja Professional is a 2-in-1 type of blender. It comes with two containers, a 72-oz large pitcher, and a 16-oz cup that can be used as a personal blender. It is the best choice for those who have an active lifestyle and want to drink their smoothie right after blending it.
If you are going to use the bigger container, you can choose from the three different speed buttons and a pulse button. There is a separate pulse speed button for the smaller container that you need to press during operation until you reach the desired consistency continuously.
This product produces a lot of noise as it has an 1100 watt motor. Crushing your ice will make more noise compared to blending your herbs and fruits.
- Pros: This blender is ideal for those who are always on the go since it has ready-to-go containers.
- Cons: Some users say that the blender’s design is not that simple, and it makes it harder to clean. There is a tendency that the blades can cause its user some injury.
2. Ninja Professional Blender BL610
If you want a blender that will add an accent to your kitchen countertop, then the BL610 blender from Ninja Professional is the best one for you. It has an elegant yet professional looking design. Just take note that the blender has a higher height, so it will not fit easily under cabinets.
It comes with six stainless steel blades that are also anti-corrosive. You can also choose from three different speeds on its control panel. Low is ideal for making batters and marinades, while the medium pace is excellent for grinding nuts.
If you are blending whole fruits and vegetables, then you must choose the high speed. You can use the pulse feature by pushing the button continuously for the blades to spin. It is excellent for chopping and processing food ingredients.
- Pros: It has a lightweight design, and its body is not that bulky and is easy to transfer from one place to another.
- Cons: Its pitchers are not that durable and are easy to break.
3. Nutri Bullet NBR-12 12-Piece Blender
If you are still in the early stages of entering a healthier lifestyle, it is best to purchase the Nutri Bullet NBR-12 12-Piece Blender. This blender will let you blend your seeds, vegetables, and fruits into a nutritious smoothie.
It mixes your ingredients evenly that you will not see them separate from each other. One good thing about this is that it comes with a recipe guide that you can follow, making this so great for those who are still new to making healthy drinks.
This blender does not have a control panel on its exteriors. All you need to do for it to function is push the cop down towards its base then its motors will then start.
- Pros: It comes with cups with lids, and its handles are removable, making it so much easier to store.
- Cons: Produces a lot of noise when used.
4. Ninja Mega Kitchen System, BL770
The BL770 model of the Ninja Mega Kitchen System is a well-built blender. It is made up of plastic that does not feel like plastic as it is very solid. The materials were assembled neatly as it does not have any gaps, and it feels very high-end.
It comes with two personal jars that can accommodate up to 16oz of liquid. One good thing about the base of the blender is that it will automatically the type of jar that is being placed on its top. It will adjust its speed depending on the jar.
The blades that it used are very sharp but are safe to use. You can remove it quickly so that it is going to be adequately cleaned. It is also safe to be washed in a dishwasher.
- Pros: It is an excellent product for blending and crushing ice.
- Cons: It has a bulky design.
5. Ninja Nutri Pro Compact Personal Blender
The Ninja Nutri Pro Compact Personal Blender is a powerful tool, but it is not complicated to use. The blades are attached to the blender cups. You can remove them also, just like lifting the lid of a closed jar.
There are no buttons on the body of the blender; just apply pressure to the cup then it will turn on automatically. It is an excellent tool for blending those not that hard and huge ingredients to a liquified one. It is not great for chopping vegetables as it will produce uneven cuts.
The base of the blender is kind of heavy, so it will somewhat be a problem if you are going to bring it with you when you travel. A rubber is attached to its base so that it stays in place when you are using it.
- Pros: It comes with blender cups that are not easy to break and can serve big servings.
- Cons: The blender produces a lot of noise.
6. OXA Smart Powerful 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender Set
This blender can do a lot of things from mixing, chopping, and preparing your sauces. You will be able to prepare your soups by using this blender, and the good thing about it is it does not produce a lot of sounds.
The hand blender has six different speeds that you can choose depending on what you are preparing. It also comes with a turbo button where it can give a maximum speed. By controlling the speed, you will be able to have the result that you really wanted.
All the parts that can be detached are safe to place inside the dishwasher. Another great thing about its parts is they are BPA-free.
- Pros: It is a blender for any type of ingredients from dry, wet, and even frozen ones.
- Cons: Some users are saying that this is not great for those who use this every day since it can break easily.
7. NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender Combo
If you are looking for a blender that can accommodate a large capacity of food ingredients, then the NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender Combo is the right one for you. Its main jar also has a spout so that you can quickly pour the liquid that you blended.
The blades are filed down on its base, and it is not that sharp compared to other blenders. This is not a problem since it can still blend different types of food. The downside of its blades is that it is not long enough and cannot reach those ingredients that were stuck on its side.
The lid of the jar has two parts. It has a centerpiece that can be removed. It can also work as a measuring cup that measures up to 2oz. This is really ideal if you are blending your favorite cocktails.
- Pros: The main jar is big enough that it can contain a lot of food.
- Cons: It is not great for crushing ice without pouring water or any type of liquid.
8. Vitamix 001372 Blender Professional
You can easily control and adjust the speed of this blender in order for you to achieve the kind of consistency that you are trying to achieve. You can do this by simply rotating its knob to any speed points that you want.
It also comes with a big jar that can contain up to 64oz of liquid so that you can blend a lot of ingredients in bigger batches inside it. Another cool feature of this blender is that its blades can reach a point where it can create friction heat. This will heat the cold ingredients within six minutes.
The blades are made from stainless steel materials and are specifically designed for grinding and blending even the toughest ingredients.
- Pros: It is excellent for grinding your coffee beans.
- Cons: It is not safe to place inside the dishwasher.
9. Oster My Blend Blender, BLSTPB-WPK
This is the type of blender that those with an active and healthy lifestyle should purchase. This is great if you want to blend a perfect smoothie before hitting the gym or even right after your session in the gym and drink it right away in its container.
It has a 20oz container that is made up of BPA-free plastic. It is in the form of a sports bottle, so you will not need to worry that your drink will spill. It is also so easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe.
It is also great for those who are still new to making a smoothie and yet do not know what kind of drinks to make. This blender comes with a recipe and an instruction manual.
- Pros: Great for those with an active lifestyle and who wants to drink their smoothie right after making one.
- Cons: Some users are saying that it cannot blend or grind hard ingredients like nuts and frozen berries.
10. PopBabies Portable Blender
If you are a constant traveler but still want to drink your smoothie in the middle of nowhere, then this portable blender is definitely the one you are looking for. It is lightweight and is so much easier to carry around with you.
It is powered by its built-in lithium batteries that you can recharge using a USB. This is really great if you want to make smoothies even without any power outlets.
It is a small yet powerful tool since it can blend even your ice and some frozen fruits. It also has a small ice cube tray making it such a great companion for your next camping trip. It is also safe to use since the blades are inside the cup, and there is no risk that it will hurt your finger.
- Pros: It can blend even hot food.
- Cons: It can only blend one serving at a time.
How to Choose a Blender
Knowing different types of blenders is excellent, but it is still essential to know the various factors that you need to look into whenever you are going to purchase a blender. We have listed down below the things that you need to keep in mind before buying one.
There are a lot of blenders that offer different speed settings. Go for those who provide around three up to ten-speed settings. With this kind of blender, you will be able to control the speed and the consistency of the drink that you are making.
The blades are the ones responsible for blending or processing the food inside the blender. Different brands offer another type of blades inside their blender. There are some blenders where their blades are just two flat blades that have an upward angle on their edge.
Some blenders also have blades that are spiral in shape. The blades’ sharpness also differs as some offer very sharp blades while other blenders have blades that are blunt.
To avoid corrosion and rusting, choose those blades that are made from high-quality stainless steel.
3. Size or Capacity
You need to consider how many servings you are going to make in your blender. If it is only for yourself, then opt to purchase those blenders with a ready-to-go type of containers and jars.
If you are going to prepare drinks for around six to nine people, then go for the standard size, which is approximately 48 to 72 ounces. Some high-performance blenders can accommodate up to 145oz.
If you are not sure of how many servings of drinks you are going to make, then purchase those blenders that come with different sizes of jugs and cups.
Blenders who work on 500 watts are the typical blender time that can create milkshakes for yourself and your family. This power also can make soup and any other food that has a liquid consistency.
If you are going to make some peanut butter, then those blenders with over 700 watts are great for you. It is also ideal for those who have a store as this can also blend big servings for your customers.
5. Easy to Clean
Look for those blenders that are safe to place inside the dishwasher. If you want to manually wash your blenders, make sure that you must take extra care in cleaning the jar, especially the area where the blade is located.
Some blenders can clean themselves. All you need to do is add water and liquid dish soap inside it and let it run for a minute or two. Just rinse it afterward, and it is now safe to place inside your cabinet.